The blood sugar feature of the Hello Heart app and the glucose meter (“glucometer”) from Hello Heart may not be available for all users. If you are interested in the diabetes solution and it is not currently available, we recommend reaching out to your Benefits or Human Resources team to let them know you are interested in this feature.
Connecting your Glucometer to the Hello Heart app
Your glucometer will not need to be turned on at the beginning of this process; the on-screen instructions will tell you when to turn it on. You can follow these steps below to get started:
- When you sign into the app, you will see a screen that says, “Did you get your glucometer?” Once you have your glucometer, click “Connect the glucometer now!”
- Press and hold the > button for 3 seconds you can let go once you see “bT” show on the screen.
- It may take a few seconds for the glucometer to pair with the phone, you may see a Pairing request pop up on your phone, please click “Pair” to finish the connection.
- Measure your blood sugar, removing the test strip once the reading is complete.
- Once you have removed the test strip the blood sugar reading information will transfer to the app.
- Once the reading information is transferred into the app, you will need to confirm when your last meal was. This will allow the app to provide information about your blood sugar level.
If you are getting an error message on your glucometer you can review common error codes in this guide.
Preparing the Lancing Device
- Wash hands and sample site with soap and warm water. Be sure to rinse and dry the sample site and your hands thoroughly.
- Unscrew and remove the lancing device tip.
- Insert a new lancet into the lancet holder. Twist off the protective cover of the lancet and set it aside, then place the lancing device tip back onto the device. (Keep the protective cover of the lancet to replace it once you’ve finished using the lancet at the end of your test.)
- The lancing device has 5 puncture depth settings (1-5 from shallow to deeper punctures). You can select a preferred depth of penetration by rotating the top portion of the adjustable tip until the arrow aligns with the number you want. (A beginning setting of 3 is recommended.)
- Hold the body of the lancing device and pull the end (the charger) of the lancing device back, you will hear a click once it is engaged.
- The display is blank even after inserting a test strip.
- Check whether the test strip is inserted properly
- Check that the correct test strip was used
- Check that the batteries are inserted correctly with the + side facing up
- If the display is blank after these steps, please replace the batteries with new ones.
- The test does not start even after applying a blood sample
- Check that the sample was an adequate amount
- Try the test again with a new strip
- The test result doesn’t seem accurate to how you feel
- Take another test
- Check the expiration date on the test strips
Er 1: A used test strip was inserted. Try to take another reading with a new test strip.
Er 2: The blood sample was applied too early. Try to take another reading with a new test strip, wait until the test strip symbol pops up on the meter before applying the blood to the strip.
Er 3: Temperature during the reading was above or below the operating range. Try the test again after the meter and strips have reached a temperature within operating range (42.8 - 111.2℉)
Er 4: The blood sample has a high viscosity or insufficient volume. Repeat the test after inserting a new test strip.
Er 5: Incorrect test strip inserted. Try the test again with a GLUCOCARD Shine Blood Glucose test strip.
Er 6: There is a problem with the meter. Do not use meter, contact Hello Heart Customer Support: 800.767.3471 or email@example.com
Er 7: There is a problem with the Bluetooth communication. Contact Hello Heart Customer Support: 800.767.3471 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Er 8: An error occurred during the reading. Try the test again with a new test strip. If the error persists, contact Hello Heart Customer Support: 800.767.3471 or email@example.com