If you have an Android phone and need to connect your glucometer, please try connecting your glucometer with these instructions.
If you're having problems connecting the Glucometer to your iPhone/iPad, it may be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- You need to enable Bluetooth permissions for the Hello Heart app
- You need to remove the Glucometer from your Bluetooth settings and reconnect it
Removing the Glucometer from Your Bluetooth Settings
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- From the Settings app, tap Bluetooth
- Under "My Devices", tap on the icon next to the Glucometer. Its name should be similar to Connex and then a sequence of numbers. (If you don't see the Glucometer in the Bluetooth device list, you can skip this section
- On the Glucometer monitor details screen, tap on Forget This Device and confirm by tapping Forget Device again on the button that pops from the bottom of the screen.
Connecting the Glucometer
- Open the Hello Heart app and log in.
- Go to the Me tab at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, and tap on it.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper left hand corner to go to the app settings.
- Under devices, tap RECONNECT next to where it says Glucometer.
- Tap the green Connect Now button in the app, then on the Glucometer, then hold down the right arrow button for three seconds.
- A bluetooth pair request message will appear. Tap on “Pair”.
- On the Glucometer, click the middle button to finish connecting. Once it’s connected, the app will say “Connected,” and then prompt you on how to take a blood sugar reading.