If you have an Android phone and need to connect your glucometer, please try connecting your glucometer with these instructions.
If you're having problems connecting the Glucometer to your Android phone, it may be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- You need to enable Location permissions for the Hello Heart app
- You need to remove the Glucometer from your bluetooth settings
Enabling Location permissions for the Hello Heart app
- Touch the screen with two fingers and swipe down from the top of the screen to access the extended menu
- Tap the Location icon to turn it on or off
- If you are unable to find the Location icon from that menu, please select your phone manufacturer from the list below for specific instructions
Please note: Hello Heart doesn't track your location, and the Location services are used only to strengthen the connection to the Bluetooth Glucometer.
Removing the monitor from your bluetooth settings
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone
- Tap on "Connections" and then select "Bluetooth"
- Under "Paired devices" find the name of the device that says Connex and then a sequence of numbers. (If you don't see the monitor in the Paired device list, you can skip this section)
- Tap on the settings cogwheel next to the device and then tap on "Unpair"
Connecting the Glucometer
- Open the Hello Heart app and log in.
- Go to the Me tab at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, and tap on it.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper left corner to go to the app settings.
- Under devices tap RECONNECT next to the Glucometer,
- Tap green connect now button, on the Glucometer hold down the right arrow button > for three seconds
- A bluetooth pair request message will appear, tap on Pair & Connect, another box will appear asking you to connect, tap pair again,
- Click the middle button to finish connecting, once connected the app will say connected and then follow the instructions in the Hello heard app to take a reading.