Once you receive the blood pressure monitor, you can take blood pressure readings and send the data to your smartphone using Bluetooth wireless connectivity. To connect your smartphone to the monitor, please follow the steps below:
- If this is your first time using the monitor, go to step 2. Otherwise, please reset your monitor
- a. Remove the batteries from the monitor. You can access the battery compartment on the back of the monitor by sliding off the plastic cover
- b. Hold down the Start button for 3 seconds with the batteries removed
- Insert the included batteries (4 AA) into the back of the monitor and plug in the air hose on the left side.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone, open the Hello Heart app and log in. Both are needed in order to pair to the monitor.
On your smartphone, you will be asked if you received the monitor, tap on “Yes, connect my monitor now.”
- If you don't see the automatic prompt to connect your monitor, tap on the red + button in the tracker tab. When you see the “Add blood pressure” screen, tap on “connect your wireless monitor now” at the bottom. Then follow the instructions below.
- Press and hold the START button for 3 seconds (please count with "Mississippi" in mind!) until you see the letters “Pr” on the monitor screen. This will indicate the bluetooth is pairing.
- You may see a “Bluetooth Pairing Request” message on your smartphone screen. If you do, please tap on “Allow” or “Pair” to your monitor.
- If successful, the monitor screen will display “End”, and will turn off automatically. The Hello Heart app will say “Connected!” and you will follow the prompts to take your first blood pressure reading.
If your blood pressure monitor doesn't connect to your phone, please select one of the articles below: