In order to ensure that you receive the most accurate blood pressure reading, please make sure to follow the steps below.
- Start in the seated position with both feet flat on the floor
- Remove any long sleeves and place your arm on a stable surface at around the same level as your heart (a table is usually the perfect height)
- Place the blood pressure cuff on your left arm, making sure the bottom of the cuff is 1 inch above your elbow and the rubber tubing is centered along the inside of your forearm. It should be tight enough that it doesn't slide off your arm and loose enough that you can put 2-3 fingers between the cuff and your arm.
- Relax for 2 minutes while in the seated position and take slow, deep breaths to allow your heart rate and blood pressure to return to its normal resting rate
- Open the Hello Heart app on your phone and then click the start button on your blood pressure monitor
- Make sure to stay still and not talk during the blood pressure reading. Remember to breathe normally!
- If your blood pressure monitor is connected to your phone and the Hello Heart app is open, your new blood pressure reading should show up automatically in the Hello Heart app
If you have taken several readings following the instructions above and are seeing readings that are higher or lower than you expected, please click here.